VMT News Ltd
No 1 News Site in Nigeria

31% pass as WAEC releases 2024 CBT exam results for private candidates

52

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Nigeria, has released the results of its first-ever conducted Computer-Based West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private candidates early this year.

The exam was the first series for private candidates for the year as the second series will take place between November and December.

A total of 8,139 candidates (3,862 males and 4,277 females), representing 47.45% and 52.55%, respectively, including 21 persons with disabilities, sat the examination at 140 CBT centres spread across the country.

Out of this number of total candidates who sat the exam, only 2,519 of them, (representing 30.95%) obtained credit and above in a minimum of five subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, which is the mandatory subjects’ combination requirement for university admissions.

And 1,286 (representing 51.05%) were males while the rest (representing 48.95%) were females

Furthermore, the percentage of candidates, who had similar results in the same first series diet last year and the year before were 23.99% and 26.32%, an indication that there is a marginal increase of 6.96% in performance by candidates.

The Head of National Office of WAEC Nigeria, Dr Amos Dangut, announced the release of the results and statistics in a statement provided by the spokesperson of the organisation, Mrs Moyosola Adesina, on Friday.

Giving further analysis, Dangut said only 8,006 candidates (representing 98.37%) had their results already fully processed and released while 133 candidates, representing 1.63% had a

 few of their subjects still being processed due to some errors traceable to them.

He said efforts are being made to speedily complete the processing of those subjects to enable the affected candidates to have their results fully released.

Dangut also pointed out that  a total of 65 candidates (representing 0.80%) of the total number of candidates who sat the exam had their results withheld for various cases of alleged malpractice during the exam.

He said a total of 413 candidates(representing 4.95%) were alleged of malpractice in the same diet last year, which is an indication of drastic reduction in malpractice this year due to the use of CBT mode.

He, however, noted that the cases are being investigated and the findings and final conclusion would be communicated directly to the affected candidates when ready while they would also have the opportunity to apply using a dedicated link given as https://waecinternational.org/complaints for redress if they so wish.

He urged the candidates, whose results had been released  start checking for their results by visiting www.waecdirect.org to ascertain their status before visiting the Digital Certificate platform (www.waec.org) to access the digital copies of their certificates, which have been released along with their results. 

He added that candidates would be required to apply for the printing of the hard copies of their certificates online through the WAEC Certificate Request Portal (e-Certman) given as https://certrequest.waec.ng/

Dangut, however, thanked those, who participated in the conduct and marking of the candidates scripts and also the relevant institutions, agencies and security agencies.

Support Voice Media Trust journalism of integrity and credibility

Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.

For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country, we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.

By contributing to Voice Media Trust, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.

Donate into:

Dollar Account:

  • A/C NO: 3003093745
    A/C NAME: VOICE MEDIA TRUST LTD
    BANK: UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA

Naira Account:

  • A/C NO: 1023717841
    A/C NAME: VOICE  MEDIA TRUST LTD
    BANK: UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA

Leave a Reply